Exploring the Evolution: Discord Old vs New Font
Are you curious about the differences between Discord's old and new font? In this article, we'll dive into the changes made to Discord's font and explore how it affects the user experience. Whether you're a long-time Discord user or new to the platform, understanding these font changes can enhance your overall Discord experience. So, let's get started!
Comparing Discord's Old Font with the New: A How-To Guide
One of the most noticeable changes in Discord's recent updates is the new font. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of comparing Discord's old font with the new one.
Step 1: Updating Discord
Before we can compare the fonts, make sure you have the latest version of Discord installed on your device. If not, head to the Discord website and download the latest version for your operating system.
Step 2: Accessing User Settings
Once you have updated Discord, launch the application and log in to your account. Click on the gear icon located at the bottom-left corner of the screen to access User Settings.
Step 3: Navigating to Appearance
In the left sidebar of User Settings, click on the "Appearance" tab. This will open the Appearance settings for Discord.
Step 4: Changing Font Settings
Scroll down until you see the "Advanced" section. Here, you will find the option to change the font. Click on the dropdown menu next to "Font" and select the old font that you want to compare.
Step 5: Comparing Fonts
After selecting the old font, take a moment to observe how it looks in Discord. Pay attention to the size, style, and readability compared to the new font.
Step 6: Reverting to the New Font
If you prefer the new font, simply repeat Step 4 and select the new font from the dropdown menu. Take note of any differences in appearance and decide which font suits your preferences better.
By following these steps, you can easily compare Discord's old font with the new one and choose the one that best suits your preferences. Don't hesitate to experiment and find the font that enhances your Discord experience.
What you do on discord says about you!
What are the distinctions between the old and new Discord font?
The old Discord font, also known as "Discord Classic," was a sans-serif font called Whitney. It had a clean and modern look with rounded edges on each letter. However, the new Discord font, introduced in 2021, is now a custom-designed font called "Ginto." This font has a more unique and playful style with a mix of round and sharp edges.
One of the significant distinctions between the two fonts is their overall aesthetic. **Whitney** had a more straightforward and professional appearance, while **Ginto** gives Discord a fresh and distinctive vibe.
Another noticeable difference is the letterforms themselves. **Whitney** had more uniform letter heights and widths, making it easier to read for longer texts. On the other hand, **Ginto** introduces irregularities in letter sizes and shapes, adding a sense of whimsy and character.
Additionally, **Ginto** incorporates some stylistic alternates, such as a different "a" and "g" glyph, which adds visual variety to the text. These alternates can be seen in certain words and sentences, giving the overall typography a more dynamic feel.
Overall, **the new Discord font, Ginto, brings a fresh and playful look to the platform, with unique letterforms and an updated aesthetic compared to the old Whitney font**.
How can I revert to the old Discord font?
To revert to the old Discord font, follow these steps:
1. **Open Discord**: Launch the Discord application on your computer or open it in your web browser.
2. **Go to User Settings**: Click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner to access the User Settings menu.
3. **Navigate to Appearance**: In the User Settings menu, find and click on the "Appearance" tab on the left-hand side.
4. **Find the "Advanced" section**: Scroll down the Appearance settings until you reach the "Advanced" section.
5. **Disable "Use Block Font"**: Toggle off the "Use Block Font" option under the Advanced section.
6. **Save Changes**: Once you have disabled the "Use Block Font" option, click on the "Save Changes" button at the bottom right corner to apply the changes.
7. **Restart Discord**: Close Discord completely and reopen it to see the old font restored.
By following these steps, you should be able to revert to the old Discord font. Remember to restart Discord for the changes to take effect.
What font did Discord use in the past?
In the past, Discord used a font called "Gotham" for its branding and user interface. However, in 2021, Discord underwent a major redesign and introduced a new font called "Helvetica Now" as part of their new visual identity. This change aimed to improve readability and accessibility across different platforms and devices.
What was the reason for the change in Discord's font?
The reason for the change in Discord's font was to improve readability and enhance the overall user experience. The previous font used by Discord, "Helvetica Neue," was found to have certain legibility issues, especially for users with dyslexia or visual impairments. Therefore, Discord decided to switch to a new font called "Ginto." This new font provides better clarity and readability across different devices and screen sizes. The change was implemented to ensure that all Discord users can easily read and navigate through the platform.
How to change the font from the old to the new style in Discord?
To change the font style from the old to the new one in Discord, follow these steps:
1. **Open Discord**: Launch the Discord application on your computer or mobile device.
2. **Access User Settings**: Click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the Discord interface to open the User Settings menu.
3. **Go to Appearance Settings**: In the User Settings menu, navigate to the "Appearance" tab located on the left side of the screen.
4. **Select Font Settings**: Under the Appearance tab, you will find the "Font Settings" section. Click on it to open the font customization options.
5. **Choose a New Font**: In the Font Settings section, you can see the current font style used in Discord. To change it, click on the drop-down menu and select a new font style from the available options.
6. **Apply the Changes**: Once you have chosen the new font style, the changes will be applied immediately. You can close the User Settings menu and start using Discord with the new font style.
Remember that changing the font style will only affect how text appears on your device. Other users will still see the default font style unless they make their own changes.
Note: The ability to change the font style is only available to users who have enabled the Developer Mode in Discord. To enable Developer Mode, go to the Appearance tab in the User Settings menu and toggle on the "Developer Mode" option.
I hope this guide helps you change the font style in Discord!
What are the differences between the old and new fonts in Discord and how can I switch to the new one?
The main difference between the old and new fonts in Discord is the style and readability. The old font, known as "Helvetica Neue," had a more rounded and simple design, while the new font, called "Gotham," has a sharper and more modern look.
To switch to the new font in Discord, you need to enable the "Developer Mode" feature. Follow these steps:
1. Open Discord and click on the settings icon (gear icon) located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. In the settings menu, click on the "Appearance" tab on the left side.
3. Scroll down until you find the "Advanced" section.
4. Toggle on the "Developer Mode" option.
5. Once enabled, close the settings window.
6. Right-click on any server or channel name in Discord to open the context menu.
7. At the bottom of the menu, you will see a new option called "Copy ID." Click on it.
8. Open a web browser and paste the copied ID into the address bar after "https://discord.com/channels/@me/". The URL should look like this: "https://discord.com/channels/@me/ID".
9. Press Enter to load the URL.
10. Discord's web version will now open, displaying your user interface with the new font.
Please note that this method only applies to Discord's web version. If you are using the desktop or mobile app, they have their own default fonts, and switching to the new font may not be possible.
Can you provide a step-by-step guide on how to update the font in Discord from the old version to the new one?
Sure! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to update the font in Discord from the old version to the new one:
1. Open Discord on your device and log in to your account.
2. Click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen to open User Settings.
3. In the User Settings menu, navigate to the "Appearance" tab on the left sidebar.
4. Scroll down until you find the "Advanced" section. Here, you'll see an option called "Developer Mode." Enable this option by toggling the switch to the right.
5. Once Developer Mode is enabled, close the User Settings window and go back to the main Discord interface.
6. Right-click on the server name or channel name where you want to update the font. A context menu will appear.
7. In the context menu, click on "Copy ID" to copy the unique ID associated with that server or channel.
8. Open a web browser and go to this URL: https://discordfonts.com/
9. On the Discord Fonts website, paste the copied ID in the designated field. Then, click on the "Generate" button.
10. The website will generate a custom CSS code for you. Copy this code.
11. Return to Discord and open User Settings again by clicking on the gear icon.
12. In User Settings, click on the "Appearance" tab on the left sidebar.
13. Scroll down to the "Custom CSS" section. Paste the copied code into the input box.
14. Once you've pasted the code, click on the "Update" button to save the changes.
15. Discord will update the font using the new custom CSS code, giving it a fresh look.
That's it! You have successfully updated the font in Discord from the old version to the new one using custom CSS. Enjoy the new visual experience!
In conclusion, when it comes to Discord's old font versus the new one, there is a clear distinction in terms of readability and modernization. While some users may have nostalgia for the old font, the new font offers a more polished and visually appealing experience. Additionally, the new font enhances accessibility for users with visual impairments or reading difficulties. Ultimately, the decision between the two fonts comes down to personal preference, but it is evident that Discord's transition to the new font has been a positive step forward in improving the platform's overall design and user experience.