Finding the Elden Ring Save Location: A Step-by-Step Guide
Welcome to my blog! In this article, we will dive into the world of Elden Ring and explore how to find the save location in this highly anticipated game. Whether you're a seasoned player or new to the series, discovering where your progress is stored is crucial. Let's uncover the secrets and ensure your journey through Elden Ring is both thrilling and secure.
1. How to Find and Manage Elden Ring Save Location in English
To find and manage the Elden Ring save location, follow these steps:
1. Open the file explorer on your computer. You can do this by clicking on the folder icon in your taskbar or by pressing the Windows key + E.
2. Navigate to the disk drive where your operating system is installed. This is usually the C: drive.
3. In the C: drive, locate the Users folder and double-click on it.
4. Look for your username and double-click on it. This will open your user profile folder.
5. Within your user profile folder, locate the AppData folder. Note that this folder might be hidden by default, so you may need to enable the option to show hidden files and folders. To do this, click on the "View" tab in the file explorer and check the box that says "Hidden items".
6. Open the AppData folder and then navigate to the Local folder.
7. Look for the Elden Ring folder within the Local folder and open it.
8. Inside the Elden Ring folder, you should see the save files for the game. These files usually have a .sav extension.
Remember to always make backups of your save files in case anything goes wrong.
To manage the save files, you can copy them to a different location for safekeeping or share them with others. You can also delete unwanted save files if needed.
Note: The exact location of the save files may vary depending on your operating system or if you purchased the game through a different platform like Steam or Epic Games. In that case, you might need to search for specific instructions or consult the game's official support documentation.
ELDEN RING - save file location
Do Elden Ring saves get stored locally?
Yes, Elden Ring saves are stored locally on your gaming device. When you play the game and make progress, your game data is saved onto the storage of your console or PC. This allows you to continue your gameplay from where you left off whenever you launch the game again. It's always recommended to regularly backup your game saves to prevent any accidental loss of progress.
How can I duplicate my Elden Ring saved data?
To duplicate your Elden Ring saved data, you can follow these steps:
1. **Open the file explorer** on your computer and navigate to the location where the game's saved data is stored. The location may vary depending on the platform you're playing on.
2. **Locate the folder** that contains your Elden Ring saved data. It is usually named something like "SavedGames" or "SaveData."
3. **Make a copy** of the entire saved data folder by right-clicking on it and selecting "Copy" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac).
4. **Navigate to a different location** on your computer where you want to store the duplicate saved data.
5. **Paste the copied folder** into the new location by right-clicking on any empty space in the folder and selecting "Paste" from the context menu. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V (Windows) or Command+V (Mac).
6. **Rename the duplicated folder** to differentiate it from the original saved data folder. This step is optional but can be helpful if you want to keep track of multiple copies.
By following these steps, you will have successfully duplicated your Elden Ring saved data. Remember that duplicating saved data is intended for personal use and should not be shared or used for cheating purposes.
What is the file path for game save files located in?
The file path for game save files varies depending on the operating system and the specific game. However, **typically** game saves are located in the following directories:
- **Windows**: *C:Users[Your Username]Documents[Game Name]Saves*
- **Mac**: */Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/[Game Name]/Saves*
- **Linux**: */home/[Your Username]/.local/share/[Game Name]/Saves*
Please note that the "[Your Username]" part should be replaced with your actual username, and the "[Game Name]" part should be replaced with the name of the specific game you are looking for.
Keep in mind that this is a general answer, and some games might have their save files stored in different locations. It's always a good idea to check the game's documentation or support forums for specific instructions.
How can I transfer a save file from Elden Ring on PS4?
To transfer a save file from Elden Ring on PS4, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Connect a USB storage device to your PS4 console.
Step 2: On your PS4 home screen, go to "Settings" and then select "Application Saved Data Management".
Step 3: Choose "Saved Data in System Storage" and then "Copy to USB Storage Device".
Step 4: Select Elden Ring from the list of games.
Step 5: Choose the save files you want to transfer and click "Copy".
Step 6: Once the copying process is complete, safely remove the USB storage device from your PS4.
Step 7: Connect the USB storage device to your computer.
Step 8: Locate the saved game files on the USB storage device. They are usually saved in a folder named after the game.
Step 9: Copy the saved game files to a desired location on your computer.
Step 10: If you want to transfer the saved game files to another PS4, repeat Steps 1-4, but this time choose "Saved Data on USB Storage Device" and select the saved game files to copy them to the new console.
Remember to always back up your save files regularly to prevent any data loss.
How to find the save location for Elden Ring on PC?
To find the save location for Elden Ring on PC, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open File Explorer.
Step 2: In the address bar, type "%AppData%" and press Enter. This will take you to the AppData folder.
Step 3: Within the AppData folder, locate the "Local" folder and open it.
Step 4: Look for a folder named "Elden Ring" or the name of the game's developer, such as "FromSoftware". Open this folder.
Step 5: Inside the Elden Ring folder, you should find a folder called "SaveGames" or something similar. Open this folder.
Step 6: Your saved game files for Elden Ring should be located within this folder. You can copy, move, or backup these files as needed.
Please note that the exact save location may vary depending on your specific setup and operating system. It's always a good idea to make regular backups of your game saves to prevent any data loss.
What is the default save location for Elden Ring on Xbox?
The default save location for Elden Ring on Xbox is **in the cloud**. This means that your game progress and save data are automatically saved to your Xbox Live account, allowing you to access them from any Xbox console by signing in with your account. Additionally, you can also manually save your progress to your local storage device, such as the Xbox internal hard drive or an external USB drive.
Is it possible to change the save location for Elden Ring on PlayStation? If so, how?
Yes, it is possible to change the save location for Elden Ring on PlayStation. However, it's important to note that the save location for games on PlayStation consoles is predetermined and cannot be changed manually by the user.
The game's save data is automatically stored in the internal storage or external storage device (such as a USB drive) connected to the PlayStation console. By default, the save data for Elden Ring will be saved to the internal storage of the PlayStation.
If you want to free up space on the internal storage, you can transfer the game's save data to an external storage device. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Connect an external storage device to your PlayStation console (such as a USB drive or external hard drive).
2. Navigate to the Settings menu on your PlayStation.
3. Select "Storage" and then "System Storage" or "Extended Storage," depending on where you want to move the save data.
4. Choose "Applications" and find Elden Ring in the list of installed games.
5. Highlight Elden Ring and press the Options button on your controller.
6. Select "Move to Extended Storage" (if using an external storage device) or "Move to System Storage" (if using internal storage).
7. Wait for the transfer process to complete. This may take some time, depending on the size of the save data.
8. Once the transfer is finished, the save data for Elden Ring will be stored in the selected location.
Keep in mind that if you remove the external storage device from the PlayStation, the save data will no longer be accessible until you reconnect the same storage device to the console.
Please note that modifying the save location beyond these options is not supported by the PlayStation system.
In conclusion, knowing the ELDEN RING save location is essential for avid gamers seeking to preserve their progress in this highly anticipated game. By utilizing the Save Points scattered throughout the vast world of ELDEN RING, players can ensure that their hard-earned achievements and discoveries are securely recorded. Remember to regularly activate these save points to prevent any potential loss of progress. With this valuable information at hand, gamers can confidently embark on their journey through the mystical realms of ELDEN RING, knowing their adventures will be safely preserved. Enjoy the game, and may your saves always remain intact!