How to Screen Record with Audio on Windows 11: Step-by-Step Guide
Are you wondering how to screen record with audio on Windows 11? In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of capturing your screen and recording audio simultaneously. Whether you need to create tutorials, demos, or simply want to save memorable moments, we've got you covered! Stay tuned.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Screen Record with Audio on Windows 11
Step 1: Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
Step 2: Click on the microphone icon in the capture widget to enable audio recording.
Step 3: Press the Windows key + Alt + R to start screen recording with audio.
Step 4: A small timer will appear in the top-right corner of your screen to indicate that the recording is in progress.
Step 5: Press the Windows key + Alt + R again to stop the screen recording.
Step 6: Your recorded video with audio will be saved in the Captures folder under Videos in the File Explorer.
Step 7: To access the captured videos, open the File Explorer, go to This PC, then select Videos and finally click on the Captures folder.
Step 8: You can now view, edit, or share your screen recordings with audio as desired.
How To Use OBS Studio to Record Screen 2023 🔴 (For Beginners)
How can I record my screen on Windows 11 with sound?
To record your screen on Windows 11 with sound, you can use the built-in Xbox Game Bar feature. Here's how:
1. Press Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar.
2. If prompted, select "Yes, this is a game" to enable the Game Bar.
3. Click on the "Capture" button on the Game Bar menu.
4. In the capture window that appears, click on the "Start recording" button (or press Windows key + Alt + R) to begin recording your screen.
5. To include system audio in the recording, make sure the "Record audio" toggle is turned on.
6. You can also adjust the recording settings by clicking on the "Settings" (gear) icon on the Game Bar menu. Here, you can choose the quality, frame rate, and other preferences.
7. When you're ready to stop the recording, click on the "Stop recording" button in the capture window or press Windows key + Alt + R again.
After you stop the recording, the video file will be saved to your Videos folder in MP4 format. You can access it by going to "This PC" > "Videos" > "Captures".
Note: The Xbox Game Bar is primarily designed for gaming, so some apps or windows may not be compatible with recording using this method. In such cases, you can consider using third-party screen recording software like OBS Studio or Camtasia.
Does the screen recorder in Windows 11 record audio?
Yes, the screen recorder in Windows 11 does record audio. You can choose to capture system audio, microphone audio, or both during the recording process.
How do I record my PC screen with audio?
To record your PC screen with audio, you can use various screen recording software. One popular option is OBS Studio. Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Download and install OBS Studio from the official website.
Step 2: Open OBS Studio and go to the "Settings" tab.
Step 3: Under the "Audio" section, set the desired audio input source for recording. This could be your microphone or system audio.
Step 4: Go to the "Output" tab and choose a folder where you want to save your recorded videos.
Step 5: In the main OBS Studio window, click on the "+" button under the "Sources" box and select "Display Capture" to capture your screen.
Step 6: Adjust the display capture settings according to your preferences, such as choosing the specific screen or monitor you want to record.
Step 7: Click on the "+" button again, but this time select "Audio Output Capture" to capture the audio.
Step 8: Configure the audio output capture settings to match the audio source you selected in Step 3.
Step 9: Start your screen recording by clicking on the "Start Recording" button in the bottom-right corner of OBS Studio.
Step 10: When you're done recording, click on the "Stop Recording" button.
Step 11: Locate the recorded video file in the folder you specified in Step 4.
That's it! You've successfully recorded your PC screen with audio using OBS Studio.
How to screen record with audio on Windows 11?
To screen record with audio on Windows 11, you can use the built-in Xbox Game Bar feature. Follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar.
2. If prompted, select "Yes, this is a game" to continue.
3. Click on the "Record" button in the Xbox Game Bar or press the Windows key + Alt + R to start recording.
4. A small floating bar will appear on your screen indicating that the recording has started.
5. If you want to record audio along with your screen, make sure the "Record audio" toggle in the floating bar is enabled. You can also adjust the audio settings by clicking on the gear icon.
6. Proceed with whatever you want to record on your screen. The recording will capture everything within the selected region.
7. Once you're done, click on the stop button in the floating bar or press the Windows key + Alt + R again to stop the recording.
8. The recorded video will be saved in the Captures folder within your Videos library.
Note: The Xbox Game Bar feature may not be available on all Windows 11 editions or if certain system requirements are not met. Make sure your system meets the necessary requirements.
Disclaimer: Ensure you have proper authorization to record any copyrighted material and respect the privacy of others when recording their screens.
What are the steps to enable audio recording while screen capturing on Windows 11?
To enable audio recording while screen capturing on Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
2. In the Settings window, click on "System" to open the system settings.
3. On the left-hand side of the System settings, select "Sound".
4. In the Sound settings, scroll down to the "Advanced sound options" section and click on "App volume and device preferences".
5. Under the "Output" section, find the application you are using for screen capturing (e.g., OBS Studio, Camtasia, etc.) and click on the dropdown menu next to it.
6. From the dropdown menu, select the audio output device you want to use for recording. Make sure to choose an option that supports both playback and recording, such as your speakers or headphones.
7. Next, under the "Input" section, find the same application and click on the dropdown menu next to it.
8. From the dropdown menu, select the audio input device you want to use for recording. This can be your microphone or any other audio input device available.
9. After selecting the appropriate audio devices, close the Settings app.
10. Now, open your screen capturing application and start a new recording. The audio from your selected input device should be captured along with the screen recording.
Note: Make sure your audio input device is properly connected and recognized by your computer before following these steps.
Can you recommend any reliable software or tools for screen recording with audio on Windows 11?
Sure! One reliable software for screen recording with audio on Windows 11 is OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software). It is a free and open-source tool that is widely used for screen recording and live streaming.
To download OBS Studio, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the official OBS Studio website at https://obsproject.com/.
2. Click on the "Download" button.
3. Scroll down and select the Windows option.
4. Choose the installer version that matches your system (32-bit or 64-bit).
5. Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once you have OBS Studio installed, you can set it up for screen recording with audio by following these steps:
1. Launch OBS Studio.
2. In the main window, click on the "+" icon under the "Sources" section to add a new source.
3. Select "Display Capture" to record your entire screen, or "Window Capture" to record a specific window/application.
4. Give the source a name and click the "OK" button.
5. In the properties window that appears, you can customize the recording settings, such as capturing the specific monitor, choosing the frame rate, etc.
6. Click the "OK" button to save the changes.
7. To include audio in your screen recording, click on the "+" icon under the "Audio Mixer" section to add an audio source.
8. Select "Audio Output Capture" to capture the system audio or "Audio Input Capture" to record audio from an external microphone.
9. Adjust the audio levels and settings as needed.
10. Click the "Start Recording" button in the controls at the bottom right to begin recording your screen with audio.
11. When you're done, click the "Stop Recording" button to finish the recording.
Remember to choose a suitable location to save your recordings and make sure you have enough disk space available. OBS Studio also offers various settings and features to enhance your screen recordings, such as adjusting video quality, adding overlays, and more.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
In conclusion, screen recording with audio in Windows 11 is a powerful feature that allows users to capture and share their screen activities effortlessly. Whether it's for creating tutorials, recording gameplay, or presenting demonstrations, Windows 11 provides an easy and seamless way to document your digital experiences. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you can now confidently record your screen with audio in Windows 11, enhancing your content creation skills and improving communication with your audience. So, go ahead and explore the endless possibilities of screen recording with audio on Windows 11!