How to Fix YouTube Not Playing in Background: A Step-by-Step Guide
Do you want to learn how to play YouTube videos in the background? This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to enable background play on YouTube, allowing you to enjoy your favorite videos while multitasking on your device. Don't miss out on this valuable tip!
- 1. How to Fix YouTube Not Playing in Background: A Step-by-Step Guide
- I BLEW UP A YouTube Video (The Lazy Way)
- Why is YouTube not playing in the background?
- How can I enable YouTube to play in the background?
- Why can't YouTube play in the background on iPhone?
- How can I keep YouTube playing on my iPhone?
1. How to Fix YouTube Not Playing in Background: A Step-by-Step Guide
To fix YouTube not playing in the background, follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Update the YouTube app to the latest version. This can often resolve any playback issues.
Step 2: Check if the "Background Play" option is enabled. Go to Settings > General > Background & Downloads and ensure that the toggle switch for "Background Play" is turned on.
Step 3: Clear the cache and data of the YouTube app. Go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > Storage, and tap on "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data".
Step 4: Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix temporary glitches affecting YouTube playback.
Step 5: Disable any battery-saving or power management features that may be limiting background activity. These settings can vary depending on your device, so refer to your device's documentation or settings menu.
Step 6: Try using a different browser or YouTube client. Sometimes, switching to an alternative option can help overcome playback restrictions.
Step 7: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that your device or operating system has limitations that prevent YouTube from playing in the background. In such cases, you may consider using a third-party app or service specifically designed for background playback on YouTube.
Remember to always make sure you have the necessary permissions and licenses to use any third-party apps or services, and be cautious when downloading or installing software from sources outside of trusted app stores.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue of YouTube not playing in the background. Enjoy uninterrupted playback while multitasking on your device!
I BLEW UP A YouTube Video (The Lazy Way)
Why is YouTube not playing in the background?
If YouTube is not playing in the background, there could be a few reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. **Check your device and app settings:** Make sure that background play is enabled both on your device and within the YouTube app. Go to the settings menu of your device and look for "background app refresh" or similar options. In the YouTube app, open the settings and ensure that "Background & Offline" is toggled on.
2. **Update the YouTube app:** An outdated app version can sometimes cause playback issues. Visit the app store on your device and check if there is an update available for the YouTube app. If so, install it and see if the issue resolves.
3. **Clear cache and data:** Clearing the cache and data of the YouTube app can help resolve playback problems. Go to your device's settings, find the "Apps" or "Application Manager" section, locate YouTube, and then select "Clear cache" and "Clear data." Note that clearing data will sign you out of the app, so make sure you remember your login details.
4. **Restart your device:** Sometimes, simply restarting your device can fix temporary glitches that might prevent YouTube from playing in the background. Power off your device completely, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
5. **Try a different browser or app:** If you're using the YouTube website in a browser, try switching to a different browser or using the YouTube app instead. Some browsers may not support background playback or have certain restrictions.
If none of these steps solve the problem, it's possible that the issue is with your device or internet connection. Contacting YouTube support or seeking help from technical forums can provide further assistance in such cases.
How can I enable YouTube to play in the background?
To enable YouTube to play in the background, you can follow these steps:
For Android devices:
1. Open the YouTube app on your device.
2. Play the desired video you want to listen to in the background.
3. Once the video is playing, exit the YouTube app by pressing the home button or using the multitasking feature.
4. The video will stop playing automatically, but you can bring up the notification panel and tap on the Play button to resume playback.
For iOS devices:
1. Open the YouTube app on your device.
2. Start playing the desired video you wish to play in the background.
3. Once the video starts playing, exit the YouTube app by pressing the home button or using the multitasking gesture.
4. To continue playing the video, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center. From there, you'll see the playback controls, and you can tap the Play button to resume playback.
Please note that these methods may not work if you have an older version of the YouTube app or if you're using a device where these functionalities are restricted by default.
Why can't YouTube play in the background on iPhone?
YouTube cannot play in the background on iPhone because it goes against YouTube's terms of service and Apple's restrictions on background playback. However, there are a few workarounds you can try:
1. **YouTube Premium**: Subscribing to YouTube Premium allows you to play videos in the background on your iPhone, even when the app is closed or your screen is off.
2. **Third-party apps**: Some third-party apps, like Musi or YTB Player, allow you to play YouTube videos in the background. These apps essentially act as a music player for YouTube videos, so you can listen to the audio while using other apps or with your screen off.
3. **Safari browser**: Open Safari and go to www.youtube.com. Play the desired video, then exit Safari and swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center. Tap the play button to resume playing the video in the background.
4. **Picture-in-Picture (PiP)**: If your iPhone is running iOS 14 or later, you can use the PiP feature to watch YouTube videos in a small floating window while using other apps. Start playing a video in the YouTube app, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen and the video will shrink into a floating window. You can drag and position this window wherever you want while using other apps.
Remember that these workarounds may not provide the same seamless background playback experience as the official YouTube app or YouTube Premium subscription.
How can I keep YouTube playing on my iPhone?
To keep YouTube playing on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
2. Find the video you want to play.
3. Start playing the video.
4. Exit the YouTube app by pressing the home button or swiping up from the bottom of the screen (depending on your iPhone model).
5. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center.
6. In the Control Center, find the music playback controls. They will be located in a box at the top right corner of the screen.
7. In the music playback controls, tap on the play button to resume playing the YouTube video.
8. You can now lock your iPhone screen by pressing the power button. The YouTube video will continue playing in the background.
Please note that this feature is only available for YouTube Premium subscribers. If you don't have a YouTube Premium subscription, you won't be able to play videos in the background on your iPhone.
How to play YouTube videos in the background on Android devices?
To play YouTube videos in the background on Android devices, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the YouTube app on your Android device.
2. Find the video you want to play and start playing it.
3. Exit the YouTube app by pressing the home button or using the app switcher.
4. The audio will stop playing once you exit the app.
5. Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the notifications panel.
6. In the notifications panel, you should see the YouTube video with playback controls.
7. Tap on the play button to resume playing the video in the background.
8. You can now use other apps or lock your device while the video continues to play in the background.
Please note that this method may not work with all Android devices, as it depends on the version of the YouTube app and your device's operating system. Additionally, this method only works for YouTube Premium subscribers.
How to enable YouTube background play on iOS devices?
To enable YouTube background play on iOS devices, follow these steps:
1. Open the YouTube app on your iOS device.
2. Sign in to your YouTube account if you haven't already.
3. Start playing a video of your choice.
4. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center.
5. In the Control Center, you will see the media playback controls.
6. Tap on the "Play" button to resume video playback.
7. Once the video starts playing again, press the home button to exit the YouTube app.
8. The video will continue playing in the background while you can use other apps or lock your device.
Note: Background play feature is only available to YouTube Premium subscribers.
How to fix YouTube not playing in the background on Windows or Mac computers?
How to fix YouTube not playing in the background on Windows or Mac computers?
If you're experiencing issues with YouTube not playing in the background on your Windows or Mac computer, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Check your browser settings: Make sure that your browser allows YouTube to play videos in the background. Some browsers, like Google Chrome, may block this feature by default.
2. Use YouTube Premium: YouTube Premium is a subscription service that allows you to play videos in the background on any device. Consider subscribing to YouTube Premium if you frequently use this feature.
3. Install browser extensions: There are several browser extensions available that enable background playback on YouTube. Look for extensions like "Enhancer for YouTube" or "Magic Actions for YouTube" and install them on your browser.
4. Update your browser: Ensure that your browser is up to date with the latest version. Outdated browsers may not support background playback on YouTube.
5. Clear browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, clearing your browser's cache and cookies can resolve playback issues. Go to your browser settings, find the option to clear cache and cookies, and perform the operation.
6. Try a different browser: If the issue persists, try playing YouTube videos in a different browser. Different browsers may have different compatibility with YouTube's background playback feature.
7. Restart your computer: A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches and restore normal functionality.
If none of the above steps work, it's possible that your computer's hardware or software configurations are causing the issue. In such cases, contacting YouTube support or seeking technical assistance may be necessary.
In conclusion, the inability to play YouTube videos in the background is undoubtedly a frustrating issue for many users. However, by following these simple steps, you can overcome this limitation and enjoy uninterrupted audio playback while multitasking on your device. Remember, using third-party apps or YouTube Premium subscription are viable options to achieve this functionality. By implementing these solutions, you can fully optimize your YouTube experience and make the most out of your favorite videos. Happy watching, multitasking, and learning!